New Resources, New Logo!
ADAPT exists to help parents learn more about developmental therapies for supporting children with autism.
This fall, Community Living Manitoba offered us a grant to do just that. ADAPT has used the opportunity to create two documents:
- A brochure for parents of newly diagnosed children, offering encouragement and perspective, with a little advice on how to keep the wellness of the whole family in mind;
- A booklet explaining what is involved in three developmental therapies – specifically, Hanen’s More Than Words, RDI (Relationship Development Intervention), and DIR/Floortime.
Take a look! Click on each cover to view the document.
Each is also available as a printable PDF. If you can use some printed copies, let us know. Both the printable and web copies are free to share at no cost. We hope you find them useful.
Many thanks to the clinicians and parents who contributed to this project. It represents many hours of collaboration and thoughtful writing! In particular, the following people have put many hours into this project:
- Rosanne Papadopoulos OT Reg. (MB), Occupational Therapist, RDI Program Certified Consultant
- Stéphanie Harvey, Speech-Language Pathologist, certified to provide More Than Words
- Kira Matthes, RDI Consultant in Training
- Kally-Anna Clinton, M.Sc., CCC-SLP (R), Speech-Language Pathologist, Certified PLAY Project & Teaching PLAY Consultant
We also thank Community Living Manitoba and Honest Agency for their beautiful design, including our new logo!
The next part of this project: videos to explain how developmental therapies work for families. If you have worked with DIR/Floortime, RDI, or Hanen’s More Than Words and would be willing to be interviewed for an educational video, please contact us!